Monday, October 24, 2011

Perfect Sunday

What a beautiful day it was! The weather was perfect finally.

 Hubby and I slept till 8am...unheard of!

We decided to hit the garden center for some herb and tomato plants. When we arrived the seedlings they had to offer were horrible and the prices even worse still. We decided we could start some herbs from seed and skip the tomato's this season. I will be starting basil, cilantro, and pole beans alongside the sweet potatos that are flourishing. They had a rack of half dead orchids this time around and I scooped up 6 small Phalinopsis for 3 bucks apiece! The roses around our home came from this same store that has a horrible plant death rate in their care. We picked the roses up for .60 ..........yes sixty cent apiece. Brought them home water and fertiliser and they are all beautiful!

I had a lesson with yet another new trainer.... and it was AMAZING! She is about the middle of the price range around our area. I was impressed by many things about her. She was prompt, asked me a million questions about Cash's history, his health, his training, my health, my goals, etc etc etc...She rode Cash first and was very tuned in to him, asking him for things and not pushing him into a fight if he didn't know something. He was a good boy for her! She then assessed me riding him and gave me simple small adjustments to work on to improve my seat and hands. We then lunged him and she was the first trainer who didn't scream at me or Cash for turning in to me when we asked him to "woah". I taught him to do so when I started working with him 4 years ago. I didn't know it was a bad thing then and still do not think it is. He stops, slowly turns to me and asks "are we done now mom?". He doesn't walk in to me unless I invite him, he simply waits for my next signal.

She gave me a simple work program to build Cash and myself  into work condition again. She strongly recommends trail rides and hacking out in the neighborhood to change the scenery and stimulate his brain. I love it! The other trainers I have recently used are more of the "the horse work's for me" thinkers with no regard to the horses mental health.

She was at the barn over 2 hours with us, never looked at her watch. I am so impressed with her! I only hope it wasn't a fluke and the same woman shows up again the next time!

Hubby and I stopped at the local park where they were having a fun show. He liked it because there were western classes! I love seeing the kids compete. I have watched most of them grow up and I love watching them show off the horse skills they are developing. Fostering the love of horses in a positive environment for the next generation is very important.
 
The tack vendors captured my attention and I found a pair of tall boots for next to nothing! They need to be resoled and I want zippers installed but I will have less than $100.00 in them when all is said and done! Love finding things I want but don't actually need for a bargain!!

We ended the day back at the barn and hubby rode his horse while I chatted with our barn mates.
* sorry for the picture quality as I am still without a camera and using my cell phone for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment